ONS History Trivia Challenge
Have some fun and test your ONS knowledge. Answer the questions below, then view the answers to see how well you did.
1. ONS was originally incorporated in what state?
- New York
2. The Oncology Nursing Forum evolved from a newsletter FIRST titled:
- Newsletter of the Oncology Nursing Society
- Oncology Nursing Society Newsletter
- Cancer Nursing Newsletter
- Oncology Nursing Newsletter
3. ONS’s first Congress was held in this city:
4. As of 2010, Congress has now been held in this city a total of five times, including two anniversary years.
- New Orleans
- San Diego
5. Which of the following was NOT one of the 18 SIGs established in 1989?
- Nurse Navigator
6. These were the first two ONS Chapters (1980):
- Central Florida and Greater Pittsburgh
- Central Illinois and Boston
- Denali Oncology Nursing Society and Hawaii (Oahu)
- Chicago and Cleveland
7. As of 2010, ONS has had how many Executive Directors/CEOs?
8. What is the correct order these ONS corporations were formed?
- ONS, ONCC, ONS:Edge, ONS Foundation
- ONS, ONS Foundation, ONS:Edge, ONCC
- ONS, ONS Foundation, ONCC, ONS:Edge
- ONS, ONCC, ONS Foundation, ONS:Edge
9. The founding officers of ONS included everyone below except:
- Cynthia Mantz Cantril
- Lisa Begg Marino
- Daryl Maass Mathers
- Florence Nightingale
- Connie Henke Yarbro
10. ONS held its first annual Institutes of Learning in this year:
See the answers.