Need EBP On A Specific Topic?
The Cochrane Library
Users can subscribe online for full text. The Cochrane Collaboration is centered in UK with contributing collaborators world wide. Enter a search term under “Search the Cochrane Library.” For example, the term “dementia” produced 124 abstracts of Cochrane Reviews (as of October 2010).
National Guideline Clearinghouse
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Enter a search term under “Search the site:” For example, the term “dementia” produced 161 results (as of October 2010). This site includes links to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
The Joanna Briggs Institute
Joanna Briggs Institute is an International Research Collaboration. Click on “EBP Resources & Services” to locate several databases, some of which are available free of charge to non-members. Systematic reviews, summaries, and protocols by topic are easily reviewed.
The NLM Gateway allows users to search in multiple retrieval systems at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM).
The current Gateway searches:
- NLM Catalog – catalog information for books, serial titles, audiovisuals
- Bookshelf – full text biomedical books
- TOXLINE® Subset – toxicology citations
- DART® – Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology
- Meeting abstracts on HIV/AIDS, health services research, and space life sciences
- MedlinePlus® – consumer health information
- ClinicalTrials.gov – information for the public about clinical trials
- DIRLINE® – Directory of Health Organizations
- Genetics Home Reference™ – consumer information for genetic conditions
- Household Products Database
- Images from the History of Medicine
- HSRProj – health services research projects
- OMIM – Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man
- HSDB® – Hazardous Substances Data Bank
- IRIS – Integrated Risk Information System
- ITER – International Toxicity Estimates for Risk
- GENE-TOX – Genetic Toxicology (Mutagenicity)
- CCRIS – Chemical Carcinogenesis Research Information System
- Profiles in Science® – archives of several prominent biomedical scientists
- Document delivery through Loansome Doc®
- UMLS® Metathesaurus.
Turning Research Into Practice is an extensive interdisciplinary database.