Get the Word Out!
Are you doing something special to celebrate? If so, pitch your story to local media to generate interest in your events. Need some story ideas—how about these?
- Feature an article about a day-in-the-life of an oncology nurse.
- Write about how an oncology nurse made a difference in the care of a patient.
- Highlight a community-service project in which your chapter or organization was involved.
- Write about a cancer-related topic that is receiving media attention or that is of particular interest to your community.
- Promote an upcoming educational meeting.
- Feature awards received by local oncology nurses.
- Write a letter to the editor on behalf of your chapter or institution if an article has appeared in your local newspaper.
Here's a sample press release to help get you started.