Looking for Ways to Celebrate?
Everyone's busy, but make some time to relax and recognize all you do as an oncology nurse.
- Buy flowers or cookies for the oncology nursing staff or colleagues.
- Hold an Oncology Nurse Appreciation Day at your hospital honoring employees of your hospital as well as those from the area. Invite hospital employees and the general public.
- Order Oncology Nursing Month gifts.
- Develop an Oncology Nursing Month display to acknowledge cancer nurses in your workplace.
- Arrange a social gathering with your local ONS chapter and seek donations toward the event from your oncology department and/or hospital administration.
- Plan an educational program in your community such as a free cancer screening.
- Sponsor a child at cancer camp.
- Hold a potluck dinner with your staff.
- Speak to students about a career in oncology nursing.
Fit ONS Into Your Schedule
Become an active member of the ONS community. Your participation will improve oncology nursing and patient care. ONS has a number of ways for you to get involved. Some take only a few minutes, and others require a larger commitment. Pick an activity that fits your schedule. Get involved today.