Nurse in Washington Internship
Nurse in Washington Internship Grants Available
The 2014 Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI) program will be held March 30 – April 1, 2014 at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. NIWI enables nurses to learn how to influence health care through the legislative and regulatory processes. Participants learn from health policy experts and government officials, network with other nurses, and visit members of Congress.
ONS has a limited number of grants available for NIWI. Grants provide full registration for NIWI, travel and accommodation expenses, and a per diem. Application requirements are
- Current ONS membership (minimum of two years)
- Current activity in the legislative arena
- Past ONS activities
- Description of how the internship will benefit the recipient’s professional role and role in ONS
- Willingness to serve as a chapter or special interest group legislative liaison
- Strong communication skills.
Candidates should submit a letter stating application for a NIWI grant, required accompanying information listed previously, and a curriculum vitae, plus three additional copies of the materials, to the ONS Health Policy Team, 125 Enterprise Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275-1214 (866-257-4ONS; firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications are due November 1.