ONS Excellence Awards
All awards, grants, and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Excellence In Care Of The Older Adult With Cancer Award
Award: A $250 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the Opening Ceremonies at ONS Congress.
Purpose: To recognize and support an oncology nurse who demonstrates age sensitive health interventions, quality care, and symptom management to older adult patients with cancer.
Nominee's Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- ONS awards policies do not permit self-nominations for this award. To be considered eligible for this award, the nominee must be nominated by an ONS member in good standing. If you have questions regarding eligibility requirements please contact email@example.com.
- Be a registered professional nurse (staff nurse, advanced practice nurse) and an active ONS member
- Have at least two years of oncology nursing experience
- Currently practice in an adult oncology based setting
The scoring criteria for judging this nomination packet is as follows:
- Demonstrates evidence of significant contributions to age sensitive health interventions, quality care, and/or symptom management for the older adult with cancer
- Participates in continuing education to strengthen his/her knowledge about the older adult patient and oncology nursing practice
- Shares information with other professionals that was learned from continuing education offerings, and contributes to evidence based practice changes in his/her work setting
- Participates in patient education activities
- Serves as a role model for age sensitive health interventions, quality care, and/or symptom management for the older adult with cancer
- Designs and implements innovative clinical practice improvements based on specific needs of patients, families and/or caregivers
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.