Honorary Member Award
Award: A plaque and one roundtrip coach airfare to ONS annual Congress, and one-day per diem for Congress.
Purpose: To honor individuals who are not otherwise eligible for membership, who have made significant contributions to oncology nursing, demonstrated interest and support in ONS, and exhibited conduct consistent with the mission and core values of ONS (Integrity, Innovation, Stewardship, Advocacy, Excellence, and Inclusiveness).
Selection Criteria: The individual must be nominated by an ONS member and receive final approval by the ONS Awards Advisory Panel.
- The nominee’s accomplishments must be specific to the field of oncology;
- His/her contributions must be significant and must demonstrate a sustained interest in and support of the Oncology Nursing Society;
- A listing of these contributions must support the validity of the recognition.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: email@example.com.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.