Emerging Leader Award
Award: A $250 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the Opening Ceremonies at ONS Congress.
Purpose: The award recognizes an emerging oncology nurse leader who has made a difference in the oncology nursing profession at the local or regional level. As the award name implies, candidates should be at an early stage on the path of their leadership career.
Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the award, primary consideration will be on how the nominee:
- Advances the profession of oncology nursing and quality cancer care at the local/regional level
- Mentors, precepts, orients, coaches, or teaches nurses in the practice of oncology nursing
- Demonstrates leadership at the local or regional level which may include oncology related leadership in the areas of community, public service, advocacy, health literacy, supportive services, and/or academic activities, etc.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) and a member of ONS and have a minimum of one year of oncology leadership experience. Additionally, nominee must not have previously received the Emerging Leader Award.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.