All awards, grants, and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
ONS Clinical Lectureship
Award: A $2,000 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the Opening Ceremonies at ONS Congress. The paper will be published in the Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing.
Purpose: To recognize and support excellence in clinical nursing practice. The lecture is presented at the ONS Annual Congress.
Nominee's Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered professional nurse and an active ONS member
- Have a minimum of two years experience in oncology nursing
- Be a recognized expert in clinical nursing practice because of his or her contributions to the development of oncology nursing
Criteria: The scoring criteria for judging this nomination packet is as follows:
- ONS involvement: Participation should include involvement at the local or national level, and includes membership on committees, holding office, or task force participation.
- The nominee's clinical practice is consistent with the ONS Scope of Oncology Nursing Practice and demonstrates the use of the following criteria:
- Use of theoretical concepts
- Use of the nursing process
- Professional development of self and other
- Multidisciplinary collaboration
- Quality assurance
- Uses ethical decision making
- Reviews and applies research into practice (Examples of actual patient contacts, examples of actual patient experiences provided by patients within the reference letters, Clinical practice nursing research, Topics, lectures, a model or theory, developed standards of care, published a model/theory)
- The nominee is an effective communicator:
- Examples within reference letters
- Presentations listed on CV well written based on the conference
- Clinical practice contribution to literature: Includes articles in newsletters, journals, reports, video, multimedia, computer assisted instruction, or chapters in books
- Contribution to the development of the oncology nursing practice:
- Examples within reference letters or on CV
- Clinical developments such as staff development, program development, patient teaching, support groups
- Community outreach (Programs such as ACS, Leukemia Society, camps for patients with cancer, survivor's day participation or other related activities
- Adjunct faculty or preceptor of students)
- The clinical topic is relevant to membership at large, well written, concerns a current educational need and/or new trend.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.